Vacancy - Project Outreach & Admin Coordinator
Charity: PCAP (Policy Centre for African Peoples)
Part-time: 10 hours a week
Duration: 21 months
Salary: Above London living wage, £13 per hour Start date: 4th May 2021
Reports to: Project Director Application deadline: 5th April 2021
Interviews: 8-9th April 2021
About us: PCAP is a charity working to enable African and disadvantaged people to improve their lives through education and engagement. www.pcap.org.uk
Project Role: Elevate (formerly BEFit4Life) is a Young Londoners Fund project to support 150 young people aged 16-21 who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), or who are at risk of becoming NEET and getting involved in crime in the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Wandsworth.
The project, delivered by PCAP, Business Launchpad and Generation Success, offers a holistic support package of business support, advice and opportunities for careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and an introduction to wellbeing programmes through innovative motivational and personal development sessions.
Key Responsibilities: A dynamic person is needed to assist PCAP in coordinating and administrating the Elevate activities, reaching out to young participants, and keeping them engaged in the programme. Key responsibilities include:
• Liaising with the various project partners and stakeholders;
• Assisting the project director with the administration, monitoring and evaluation of the programme;
• Following up with young participants to ensure that they actively take part in the project activities, and remain engaged and enthusiastic;
• Producing outreach communications and fulfilling set outreach targets;
• Assisting in the planning, coordination, administration and delivery of motivational and personal development activities;
• Additional tasks as assigned by the project director.
Level of Skills/ Experience:
This is a flexible position that would be ideal for a candidate looking for part-time work. You will be operating from PCAP’s office in Brixton, Lambeth, with – coronavirus restrictions permitting- occasional events and travel to Southwark and Wandsworth. All travel expenses outside your office location will be reimbursed. We are seeking someone who:
• Easily connects with young people and treats them with empathy and compassion;
• Has motivation and passion for supporting disadvantaged and at-risk young people;
• Is reliable in terms of working independently and remotely due to coronavirus restrictions, and implementing agreed actions;
• Has outstanding communication and outreach skills;
• Is a proficient user of Excel programme and spreadsheets;
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and can work in close collaboration with colleagues and a wide variety of project partners, participants and stakeholders.
Opportunities for further paid work, training and development will be offered to the right candidate. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.
Please kindly note: for outreach purposes, the location will be an important factor in determining the short-listed candidates, so please, if you are based in any of the catchment boroughs (Lambeth, Southwark or Wandsworth) or have links to them, do let us know.