Our vision is to have a world where personal and collective prosperity, justice and common good stem from better education, leadership development and social engagement. In the area of leadership development, we strive to transform our trainees into effective leaders and change-makers.
Our Work in the Area of Leadership Development
We provide our projects’ participants with the training and nurturing they need to become effective leaders and change-makers.
Our leadership development projects include:
- Be Fit to Lead
Lead4Hope is a UK-wide project that, over 2 years, is using our unique leadership development programme in 6 steps inspired by African philosophy, to offer training and practical advice to up to 30 leaders from ethnic minority and disadvantaged backgrounds on how to engage with policy and decision-makers.
We delivered more than 200 hours of training and engagement, with results including:
- 100% of participants reported improved leadership skills and increased self-confidence as leaders;
- 98% of the participants learnt new wellbeing and self-care techniques;
- 100% of the participants reported that they were better equipped to influence policies in their fields.
Be Fit to Lead Project
Our organisation led this project aimed at supporting the mental wellbeing and leadership development of African and Caribbean women throughout London, which we delivered between April 2021 and April 2022 in collaboration with Thelma Matilda Alves Foundation.
152 women benefited from this project with outcomes including:
- 72% of participants reported improved leadership skills and increased self-confidence;
- 76% increased their motivation;
- 76% improved their capacity for self-care.