PCAP is a charity working to enable African and disadvantaged people of all ethnic origins to improve their lives through education, leadership and engagement. www.pcap.org.uk
About the Role
This is a core personnel role aimed at enabling PCAP to achieve the following objectives:
– Engaging with the various project partners and stakeholders;
– Actively recruiting participants for PCAP’s programmes;
– Following up with participants to ensure that they actively take part in PCAP’s initiatives, and remain engaged and enthusiastic;
– Developing and expanding the network of contacts of PCAP;
– Contributing towards activities aimed at securing the financial resources necessary to develop PCAP;
– Additional tasks as assigned by the PCAP Director.
We are looking for a competent, dynamic and enthusiastic Engagement and Development Officer, with relevant prior experience and the capacity to enable PCAP to fulfil the aforementioned objectives. Key responsibilities include:
– Supporting the day-to-day recruitment and management of project participants;
– Raising PCAP’s profile to increase its development and facilitate the fulfilment of its mission;
– Supporting PCAP in identifying, developing and growing restricted and unrestricted revenue from trusts, foundations, individuals, partnerships and collaborations;
– Working closely with the operational team to ensure that all reports are submitted on time;
– Occasionally attending external events as a PCAP representative;
– Building a pipeline of potential partners and influential stakeholders to magnify the positive impact of PCAP’s programmes, and facilitate the realisation of its vision.
Level of Skills/Experience:
This is a flexible position that would be ideal for a candidate looking for part-time work. You will be operating both from the PCAP office in Lewisham and from home with – coronavirus restrictions permitting – occasional events and travel to represent PCAP at relevant engagements. All travel expenses outside your office location will be reimbursed.
We are seeking someone who:
– Easily connects with people and treats them with empathy and compassion;
– Possesses the ability to contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of excellent monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes;
– Displays the emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity and empathy necessary to establish positive and supportive relationships with programme participants;
– Is reliable in terms of working independently and remotely, and implementing agreed actions;
– Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
– Is confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels and taking the lead on outreach tasks;
– Has outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects;
– Takes a positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving;
– Is keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the organisation.
Opportunities for further paid work, training and development will be offered to the right candidate.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.