|Charity: PCAP (Policy Centre for African Peoples)||Location: Lewisham and home|
|Part-time: 20 hours a week||Duration: 24 months – renewable|
|Salary: Above London living wage, £16 per hour||Start date: 1st February 2022|
|Reports to: Director|
|Application deadline: 2nd January 2022||Interviews: 5-7th January 2022|
PCAP is a charity working to enable African and disadvantaged people of all ethnic origins to improve their lives through education, leadership and engagement. www.pcap.org.uk
About the Role
This is a core personnel role aimed at enabling PCAP to achieve the following objectives:
- Managing relationships and activities with programme participants;
- Collecting and disseminating relevant programme information;
- Delivering programmes successfully;
- Securing the financial resources necessary to implement properly funded projects;
- Raising the core funding the charity requires to operate and build the financial reserves necessary to shield it from unforeseen threats and challenges;
- Attracting funding from a wide variety of sources in order to sustain the organisation’s long-term growth and capacity to fulfil its mission.
We are looking for a competent, dynamic and enthusiastic Programme and Fundraising Officer, with relevant prior experience and the capacity to enable PCAP to fulfil the aforementioned objectives. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on day-to-day management and delivery of programmes;
- Supporting programme data collection, analysis, evaluation and dissemination;
- Leading on the management of relationships and activities with programme participants;
- Supporting PCAP in identifying, developing and growing restricted and unrestricted revenue from trusts, foundations, individuals, partnerships and collaborations;
- Building a pipeline of potential donors, identifying opportunities, developing proposals, and supporting PCAP in building relationships with prospective funders;
- Working closely with the operational team to ensure that all reports are submitted on time;
- Achieving or exceeding agreed income targets through applying to and successfully managing relationships with statutory, institutional and individual funders;
- Researching and identifying income opportunities from new grant making sources;
- Growing existing donor relationships through excellent stewardship and taking initiative;
- Occasionally attending external events as a PCAP representative.
Level of Skills/ Experience:
This is a flexible position that would be ideal for a candidate looking for part-time work. You will be operating both from the PCAP office in Lewisham and from home with – coronavirus restrictions permitting – occasional events and travel to represent PCAP at relevant engagements. All travel expenses outside your office location will be reimbursed.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has outstanding research, evaluation and communication skills;
- Possesses the ability to contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of excellent monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes;
- Displays the emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity and empathy necessary to establish positive and supportive relationships with programme participants;
- Has at least a year’s experience in fundraising and/ or business development;
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Is confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Has outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects;
- Takes a positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving;
- Has effective time management skills, with the capacity to independently oversee programmes from start to finish;
- Is keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the organisation.
Opportunities for further paid work, training and development will be offered to the right candidate.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.
Subject to satisfactory assessments to check fulfilment of fundraising targets and availability of salary funds, as per PCAP’s pay policy.