We have partnered with Thelma Matilda Alves Foundation (TMAF) to launch a new project, Loved, Accepted, Heard, to support the delivery of appropriate mental healthcare services for 250 women of African and Caribbean descent in Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth and Westminster over 5 months. The project aims to give these women space and skills to overcome the trauma and loneliness they experienced due to systemic racism, social isolation and Covid-19.
We are seeking qualified or trained volunteers with experience in mental health and well-being, who are willing to commit their time in co- facilitating a range of well-being sessions for women of African and Caribbean descent.
Volunteers Will Help Us with:
• Design of well-being sessions for women of African and Caribbean descent that address trauma, loneliness, racial trauma, grief, bereavement and loss.
• Creation of social media well-being resources and contents.
• Facilitation of 2-hour group well-being sessions with participants.
Ideally, Volunteers Should:
• Have experience working in the mental health and well-being sector or be qualified or training to work in the mental health and well-being sector.
• Be knowledgeable about overcoming trauma and loneliness.
• Have or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS – if you do not have one, we will pay for your application.
How to Apply
Kindly email email@example.com with your CV and a short statement outlining how you could help us.